Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Blind Willow Reading, 5/14/11

Thanks again to everybody who came out for the reading last weekend! The best thing about this whole writer-y experience-- by far-- has been the wonderful support and enthusiasm of my family and friends, and I've really enjoyed sharing my writing with you and connecting with all of you on a new level.

Blind Willow was a great location for a reading, especially a first one. It's small and cozy and we all sat on comfy couches and chairs, so the mood was pretty relaxed. It made it a lot easier to get into the mode of talking about my work, which is still a little awkward for me-- I'm much better at writing than speaking. I think I got my sea legs pretty quickly, though. I had some excellent questions and it was fun to pick apart my little first work and see what made it tick (and see what maybe didn't work so well). I hope to have the opportunity to do it again.

If you live in the Valley area and have a chance to visit Kyle's shop, please do. Emmaus has been needing a book shop for some time and he fills that niche nicely. His prices are beyond fair, his selection is excellent, and he's really, really supportive of local artists and writers, so I urge Lehigh Valley people to show him some love if you have the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment